Weatherproof & Recyclable
Eco-Shield Corrugated Crate Boxes
Weatherproof & Recyclable!
This box was stored outside for over 30 days and exposed to rain, snow and direct sunlight. After exposure to the elements, it was still able to withstand approximately 5,000 lbs of vertical compression. See the lab test results for more details.
*Not intended for product stacking in outdoor applications.
Americans use 60,000,000 plastic bottles per day. 86 percent or 51,600,000 end up in landfills throughout the country. That’s over 18,000,000,000 per year! Because plastic bottles are not exposed to sunlight in landfills, they will not decompose for over 700 years.
Eco-Shield crates incorporate plastic from recycled water bottles to enable the boxes to withstand exposure to the elements. A single truckload of Eco-Shield crates saves over 70,000 bottles from going to landfills and can be recycled with other corrugated materials.
Click to see compostability statement.
South Georgia Island case study video featuring Eco-Shield boxes
Eco-Shield Plastic Moisture Shield
- Water Repellent
- Based on P.E.T. Technology
- Repulpable & Recyclable
- Scrap Value for Used Boxes
- Reduce Landfill Disposal Costs
- FDA-Compliant for Direct Food Contact
- Gluable – Printable
- FDA-approved (meets CFR 176.170 & 176.180)
- Recyclable barrier & release coatings
- Non-Wicking to Water & Iso-Propanol
- Based on polyester co-polymer technology
- Technology adaptable to various processes
- Internal treatments that make paper non-wicking to water
- Moisture vapor barrier
- Oil & grease resistant (foodstuffs)
- Hot & cold release
- Freezer storage applications
- Reusable Packaging